Pages

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Pay It Forward

Hi everyone

Firstly, words seem so inadequate for the devastation that is affecting those in Queensland and Western Australia.  All I can think is a "pipe" dream, and that would be fantastic.  To pipe some of that water across to WA.  A great pity it can only be a dream.  My thoughts are with those affected by both disasters.

I do have family in Brisbane, but they are safe and relatively dry.

Luckily, about a week ago, Knit4Charities had already set up 2 lovely members, who are in the area affected, to receive items/donations.  These lovely ladies are able to make sure that the goodies are able to go directly to those who need it, people and animals.  Action I can do.

So eyes wiped and dried, I said I would draw out 3 names for "Pay It Forward".  Rather appropriate at the moment I think, as I believe there will be a lot of that going on in the affected areas.

So into my fishbowl went the names


Hubby drew the names out for me
First name

Josiekitten - The Woolly Adventures of a Knitting Kitty


and


So lovely ladies, can you please contact me directly with your postal addresses.  Except for Mrs Twins, that is, as I have posted off squares for SIBOL, I have yours.

Bye for now

4 comments:

  1. What... I won something.... Yipeeeeeeeee.

    Of to figure out how to email you. Wait, maybe already have your address. Off to check. Don't you just love GOOD MAIL....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I have wanted to do something other than donation of money for ALL the folk in need in Aus.. I find it hard to believe this is happening here.. You know the saying it only happens to other ppl other places .
    Big wake up call I think, I have family in QLD , thankfully they are all ok...
    I am in a Pay Forward for 2011 also.. :)
    Stay safe Maria ..Hugs (())

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how exciting! I will send you a message on Ravelry! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This disaster sure is a wake up call alright...

    I wish there was more that I could do to help...

    Hugs - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete