Pages

Monday 6 September 2010

Let me introduce you to Percy


Elegant Shell Scarf & Percy, originally uploaded by Aussie Maria.
Hi everyone

It just occurred to me that you have not met Percy (I think). Don't know how he could have missed not appearing on my blog as I really love penguins, especially Fairy Penguins (just had another blog post thought, must remember ).  Anyway its appropriate that he wear a scarf as his native habitat can be so cold.



What is with me? Am I in the wrong hemisphere, its not time to make scarves for gifts now ☺

This yarn was bought for a specific project and giftee, unfortunately it just did not work (the project).

But the yarn has been sitting there and I really wanted to use it.
So I did!!!

Although this is sock yarn it is very soft and feels wonderful around a neck.

It just may yet be gifted to the original attendee but not at least another six months as they will have ABSOLUTELY no use for it until then.

For those interested the yarn is Regia Design Line by Kaffe Fassett 4ply 75% Wool 25% Polyamide.

Bit lost without a BIG project on the go, so I have lots of little projects going at the moment.
Bit like my mind now, keeps swapping and changing direction ☺

Oops almost forgot to give details of where to find the pattern - Elegant Shell Stitch Scarf
Very, very, very simple.  I modified it by working half the length then rejoined to the start and kept on working.  This gave the same finish on both ends of the scarf.

Only difficulty I had was working with 4ply yarn, it took me at least half the length before I was getting the hang of working with it and not for it to keep slipping off the hook.

I take my hat off to those who prefer to work with this and finer yarn, especially the knitters and their beautiful lacy shawls.  Just not for me - back to my 8ply/dk, maybe 5ply/sports yarns ☺

4 comments:

  1. Your penguin is adorable :)

    I also agree with you. Working with the finer yarn, not big on that. I also go for the worsted yarns and sometimes the DK but it better be for something special.

    And come on over to my blog. You have an award waiting for you there :)

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Percy is very sweet and makes a lovely scarf model! My husband loves pengiuns too and has quite a collection of them - not real ones of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love penguins too and have quite a collection of them. I also have used them on occasion as models for my knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete