Pages

Monday 8 February 2010

Crochet Poem

Hi everyone

This came through on Knit4Charities group.  I thought others might like it too.




The rhythm of the hook
as it moves the yarn around
Calls to me in whispers
a sweet familiar sound.
My hand moves almost dreamlike
without a thought or care
As I fashion something new
for someone cold to wear.
Perhaps a scarf or cap
Maybe a blanket too
With each and every stitch
I think of more to do
So when the cold winds blow
and when the snow falls down
My yarn helps me to remember
Forgotten people all around.
I am the one who’s blessed
As my warm hands stitch away
I pray the rhythm of my hook
Will help someone in some small way.


Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that nice !! I've never heard a crochet poem before !
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh this is brilliant. Really good words. Funny I was reading a few the other day. I really like this one!
    Hugs and Love SUex
    suesfavouritethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete