Pages

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Genealogy

Hi everyone


I did mention in my description that I am interested in genealogy/family history. I have worn myself out with research lately and have not done much. But I did think I should mention some of the family surnames I am connected to -


for me they are:-


WHITE, MCDONNELL, BRIMSTONE, CARRAHER, ROSKELL, JONES, CONNORS, CONNOLLY, COLLINS, COHEN, VICTORSEN, CHEW, DRISCOLL, GAY, LLOYD, BROOKS & RADLEY





My connections are with Ireland, Wales, England, Russia/Latvia, Germany



This is a photo of my grandparents, Thomas & Evangeline WHITE nee ROSKELL. Both grandparents were deceased long before I was born.

for DH:-

THOMAS, CRAWFORD, OLIVE, DRURY, BRADLEY, CAIN, BULLOCK, SKELTON, GURNEY, VIENT, FORD, BOWERMAN, WINEFIELD, WOOD, AMBLER & FITZSIMMONS



Connections are with Wales, England, Ireland & Scotland



for DD's:-

CROWE, HANRATTY, BURKE, BROWN, MORPHY, SUGRUE, EVERETT, MANDER, BRAGG, PITTMAN, BIRRELL, OLIVER, MCVEIGH, MCGUIRE, MAY & BAKER



Connections are with Ireland, England



If anyone has connections to these surnames please contact me, especially the more unusual ones as I have collected them and tried to find connections



Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. My mother's maiden name was Driscoll. Her grandfather (who was an O'Driscoll and later doropped the O) came from COunty Kerry in Ireland to New Zealand in the late 1800s, I think. They settled in an area they called Kerrytown in the South Island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - the DRISCOLL's or O'DRISCOLL's can be interchangeable. My lot arrived in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia in 1848 from County Cork, Ireland. Not by choice but by force :-) - a convict. Quite a few of them in the end as he had 2 wives and 22 children in total in Australia.

    ReplyDelete