Pages

Thursday 27 August 2009

Hex part 3

Hi everyone or anyone :-)
Below is some colour inspiration I had when I decided to make a crocheted blanket. My D2 bought this back from Mexico as a gift for me about 6 years ago. I may have even bought the lounge to go with this blanket!!! While I can't match the colours in this blanket and still stick with my affordable Aussie yarn, I am happy with what I came up with.


Here is my third and last lot of colour choices for the blanket. From BWM Luxury 8 ply - Baby Blossom, Purple Storm and Leaf

And here are the colours in the initial work up.


Now the weird thing for me is that I love the above colour combination!!! Ok you say why not - well..... purple and pink are not colours I particularly like. But I do love how this combination work.
The other weird thing is Hex Part 2 colours. While red is one of my favourite colours, blue & lavender is not (except for the lovely flower and the scent mmmmm). But in this colour combination I loved the blue and the lavender and the red did not sit right with me.
But as I work more of the combinations it is all coming right and I now still love my red's.
Will give you glimpses along the way of the colour combinations.
I also started this blanket with an idea for a rainbow coloured, crocheted, not square blanket. Now I can't wait to see how it come together.
And, yes, the ripple blanket is still waiting for some attention. Not like me to start more than one project and not finish it before the next. But I have an URGENT!!!! need for colour in my life.
See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment